Paired with outstanding wines from the best wine producing region in the world, the Cedar Gables Inn offers the Ultimate Napa Culinary Experience: "Hands-On" cooking classes with Great Chefs of Napa Valley in a Culinary Showcase Kitchen. Following the class you will enjoy the fruits of your labor by feasting on your creations and world class wines in the Inn's elegant dining room.
Food and wine enthusiasts enjoy these "Hands-On" Classes designed to be small and intimate (12 students). The only requirements are a love for great food, fine wine and having fun.
Class sizes are small and therefore sell out quickly. Call now to get your spot in the class @ (707) 224-7969.
Along with Dacor Kitchen Appliances, we are now working with Messermeister. They provide the highest quality knives and culinary tools in the world. Their products are fully warranted for the life of the user.
Take one of our classes and experience the knives for yourself. If you take the class and like the knives you can order any of their fantastic products at a 25% discount. We will give you the discount code in the class. Click on the Messermeister Logo and it will take you to their website where you can order.
|Feb 14 (Sat)
|| Cooking with your Valentine
| Chef: Mike C
| Winery: Pure Cru Napa Valley
|Mar 21 (Sat)
|| Bouchaine Cooking Class - 2 Spots left
| Chef: Brian Whitmer
| Winery: Bouchaine
|Apr xx (Sat)
| Chef: TBD
| Winery: TBD
|May xx (Sat)
| Chef: TBD
| Winery: TBD
Cooking Class and Wine Pairing Dinner Menus
Chef Mike C has a delightfully romantic menu with freshly procured ingredients. The menu is:
- Flambeed Diablo Shrimp with Baby Arugula & Lemon Parsley Garlic Aioli paired with Pure Cru 2010 Purity, Meritage White Wine
- Creamy Seasonal Mushroom & Sherry Soup with Truffle Essence & Herbed Croutons paired with Pure Cru 2012 Pinot Noir
- Pan Seared Hanger Steak with Garlic Confit Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Asparagus & Cabernet Cream Sauce paired with Pure Cru 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Double Chocolate Decadence Cake with Chocolate Buttercream, Chocolate Ice Cream & Zinfandel Cherries paired with Pure Cru 2009 M Coz Red Blend
The fabulous Chef Brian Whitmer working in conjuction with Bouchaine Winery has concocted a delightful menu for your pleasure. This mouthwatering delight starts with the appetizer:
- Wild Alaskan Halibut
- Spring Onion Soubise, Hot Caggiano Chorizo Vinaigrette and K&J Orchard Apple Relish
- Served with Napa Valley Pinot Gris, Carneros, Estate Vineyard, 2012
- Perfect Asparagus Soup
- Washington State Dungeness Crab
- Baby Croutons, Micro Amaranth
- Meyer Lemon Creme Fraiche
- Served with Napa Valley Chardonnay, Carneros, Estate Vineyard, 2011
- Brian's Famous Lamb Meatballs
- Local Goat Feta, Organic Tomato Sauce, Cinnamon
- Served with Napa Valley Pinot Meunier, Carneros, Estate Vineyard, 2012
- Crispy Chocolate-Banana Spring Rolls
- Nutella Sauce, Toasted Macadamia Nuts
- Organic 3 Twins Ice Cream