Paired with outstanding wines from the best wine producing region in the world, the Cedar Gables Inn offers the Ultimate Napa Culinary Experience: "Hands-On" cooking classes with Great Chefs of Napa Valley in a Culinary Showcase Kitchen. Following the class you will enjoy the fruits of your labor by feasting on your creations and world class wines in the Inn's elegant dining room.
Food and wine enthusiasts enjoy these "Hands-On" Classes designed to be small and intimate ( 12 students). The only requirements are a love for great food, fine wine and having fun.
Class sizes are small and therefore sell out quickly. Call now to get your spot in the class. 707-224-7969.
Along with Dacor Kitchen Appliances, we are now working with Messermeister. They provide the highest quality knives and culinary tools in the world. Their products are fully warranted for the life of the user.
Take one of our classes and experience the knives for yourself. If you take the class and like the knives you can order any of their fantastic products at a 25% discount. We will give you the discount code in the class. Click on the Messermeister Logo and it will take you to their website where you can order.
Cooking Class Schedule for 2014
Cooking Class and Wine Pairing Dinner Menus
Sep 13 Wine Country Fun
Chef Mike C has a delightful menu with freshly procured ingredients.
The menu is:
- Creamy Fire Roasted Tomato & Basil Soup with Mini Grilled Cheeses
- Grilled Nectarine, Watercress, & Parmesan Salad with
Balsamic Vinaigrette & Toasted Hazelnuts
- Pan Seared Outside Skirt Steak with Sauteed Greens, Roasted
Fingerling Potatoes, & Red Wine Cream Sauce
- Peach Butter Custard "Pie" with Sugar & Spice Crust, and
Almond Chantilly Cream
Oct 11th Harvest Time
Chef Mike C will teach you the secret of the Sage Brown Butter, and help you make Brussels Sprouts that you really enjoy. The menu is:
- Roasted Butternut Squash, Caramelized Onion, & Sage Brown
Butter Soup with Bruschetta
- Grape, Endive, & Avocado Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette and
- Pan Seared Hanger Steak with Roasted Brussels Sprouts,
Creamy Polenta, and Pesto
- Harvest Spice Cake with Bourbon Caramel & Vanilla Bean